The summer reading program at CRICS is a way to develop in your child a love for reading and to maintain the current level of skills that your child has worked to achieve during the school year. We hope that you will enthusiastically support this program and make reading a daily part of your child’s summer.
All CRICS elementary students are invited to participate in the Summer Book Club! On the first day of school you may bring your book club papers to your homeroom teacher with the total number of book club points earned along with your list of books read. Each book club point earns you 1 baht at the CRICS Snack Bar. Your homeroom teacher will allow you to redeem your book club points for a snack card to use at the Snack Bar.
Kindergarten - Read or have someone read to you for 30 minutes
1st Grade - Read or have someone read to you for 30 minutes
2nd Grade - Read for 30 minutes or more
3rd Grade - Read for 30 minutes or more
4th Grade - Read for 45 minutes or more from the teacher approved list
5th Grade - Read for 45 minutes or more from the teacher approved list
6th Grade - Read for 45 minutes or more from the teacher approved list
Selecting A Book
- Find books about your favorite topic or hobby.
- Look for books by a favorite author/illustrator.
- Browse through the book to see if the illustrations are interesting.
- Read the book summary on the back cover or book jacket.
- Choose a book that is at your independent reading level.
- Use the “Five Finger Rule.” Choose a book that you think you would like to read. Open to any page and begin reading. As you come to words you can’t pronounce or don’t understand, put up a finger. If you put up five fingers put the book back. It’s too hard for you.